22 Jul Vietnam Summer Festival – The Journey (II)
For the past week, I’ve searched through the internet for all the pictures of the Festival. Most of the photos on this post were not taken by me.
– TDJ Studio
– John Sturrock
– Citizenside (http://www.citizenside.com/en/photos/culture/2012-07-14/63992/london-s-spitalfields-market-hosts-the-vietnam-summer-festival.html#f=0/514100)
– Vu Kim Thanh (http://nguoisaigon.vn/diendan/showthread.php?t=25521)
1. Opening Performance: Vietnamese Drums
The sound of the beating drums in traditional Vietnamese culture represents the beginning of the festivities from the small villages to national scale festivals, such as the 1000 years of Hanoi, with the presence of 1000 drums playing in unison.
Performed by Bong Sen Art Troupe and a group of Vietnamese financiers in London
2. Opening Speeches: by Dat Pham from Vietpro (organising party) and Ms Jennette Arnold, London Assembly member for North East London.
The event was officially started with the ribbon cutting ceremony by Mr. Minh Vu, Ambassador of Vietnam to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Ms Jennette Arnold, London Assembly member for North East London and other VIP Guests.
3. Dance: 4-piece dress dance, by Bong Sen Art Troupe all the way from Hochiminh City
4. Singing: Beo Dat May Troi, by Phuong Truong
5. Traditional Musical Instrument : Dinh Pa, hand-made from bamboo, performed by artist Pham Hoang Anh from Bong Sen Art Troupe
6. Full Moon Dance : depicting the pure love between young people during festivities, performed by a team of Vietnamese professional financiers in London 🙂
(to be continued)